Monday, October 1, 2012

October Featured Author - LJ Smith

L.J. Smith

Born:
  September 4, 1958
Main genres:
  Young-adult, Horror, Science fiction,
  Fantasy, Romance

     Smith has said that she realized she wanted to be a writer sometime between kindergarten and first grade, "when a teacher praised a horrible poem I'd written", and she began writing in earnest in elementary school. Lisa has worked as an elementary school teacher before she pursued her writing career full time.

     I'm honestly not very familiar with Smith's work. A neighbor who knows that I love to read had given me a box of books and LJ's Night World Series was included in this box of treasures. I thought it was fitting to read this 9 book series and review it in October for Halloween. Since it is such a long series not only will books be reviewed on Wednesdays in the usual featured author review slot, but also on Sundays as Serial Sunday reviews. I found this series surprisingly riveting and incredibly addicting. I hope you enjoy my reviews as much as I enjoyed reading her books.

      For more information on L.J. Smith and other books she has written, please visit her official site - ljanesmith.net

No comments:

Post a Comment